Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Tuesday 2 September 2014

F2WF14 - 11 days to go.... Kruizing to Cowdie

Another day, another world final virgin, and another going to race on the hard stuff for the line. Kyle Taylor joins the big one for the first time, so let's have a chat...!




Number - 136 
Hometown - Northwich, Cheshire 
Current F2 - 2010 Randall Motorsport 
Previous Formula - none 
Tracks raced at - Belle Vue, Birmingham, Buxton, Coventry, Kings Lynn, Mildenhall, Sheffield, Skegness, Stoke 
Favourite track - Mildenhall for the racing but Belle Vue for results 
Sponsors - Liquid-grafix.co.uk and my parents! 

J-ho Congratulations on qualifying for the world final... how does it feel? 

Kyle - Thanks very much it feels fairly unbelievable I don't think it's really sunk in yet, qualifying for a semi final was one of this years targets just purely due to the semi finals being at Mildenhall and i wanted to be a part of it but I never really thought I could qualify especially as far up the grid as I have! 

Jho - As a shale driver, how do you rate your chances at Cowdie? 

Kyle -I rate my chance as practically zero, I'll give it my best shot but unless there's a couple of feet of snow I can't see a fairy tale ending! 
Jho - Do you have a tar car lined up? 

Kyle - No not yet, I've decided I definitely do want one though and I'm actively seeking a hire car but no joy yet so please get in touch if you have one available! 

Jho - How did you get into the sport? 

Kyle - My dad raced F1 in the 70s and 80s and I've wanted to race since as early as I can remember so as soon as I started work I bought an F2 with the first couple of grand I saved up. 

Jho - Whats the gameplan? 

Kyle - Turn up, enjoy it, take in the atmosphere leave with a smile regardless of what happens. 

Jho - What would you like to achieve in F2 in general? 

Kyle - I still remember the days I struggled to complete a race let alone finish in the top 10 so to be at the level I'm at now has surpassed all expectation but if I could reach red top even for a month I'd be very happy with that! 

Jho -Any thank yous? 

Kyle - Yes, I've got to thank my dad without him I wouldn't be racing at all. He's taught me a lot over the past 5 years and supported me massively, he drives me all over the country for the racing and put in a lot of hours on my car to help keep it competitive. Also my mum for putting up with us and helping out too, my brother for helping at the tracks and numerous other people who have all helped over the years! Lastly my new sponsor Liquid-grafix.co.uk for giving the car the unqiue modern look it derserves! 

Jho - Oh and Nervous?? 

I'm not nervous at all . . until I start to think about it so at the moment I'm just trying not to think about it for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment