Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Friday 7 September 2012

WF2012 - The pundits predict (2 DAYS TO GO!!)

Chantelle..... her last appearance in the countdown...

So once again, in a homage to Incaworth/Spederace's Euro Weekend Predictions game, the blog turns into the first couple of hours of Gilette Soccer Saturday, when Jeff and the guys talk about the days games, and usually come up with a prediction or two, whilst the rest of the folk watch the dinnertime game on ESPN!

So the great and good have come up with their predicitions. However we couldn't afford them, so here's a veritable hodge podge of rag tag ne'er do wells with their thoughts on the big one...Let's see if they know their shit, or just know they're shit

First up is the Midland photographer, Martyn Robinson, who usually has his lens pointed at a tractor or a hot rod...
 "Ooo well thats a difficult one. I will go for Chris Bradbury (886)
After seeing the World at Skegness, he can come through a pack and avoid all the self destruction around him, a big factor for Barford I think. Can just imagine there being pure chaos into turn one. If he can make it through that I think he'll be somewhere near the front and that new car of his is easily quick enough to go forward and pick the rest off, as long as the engine doesn't let him down again."

Of course our man in the North, will have his say, in less 100 words... Paul "Wrighty" Wright
"Ok lets see, Firstly the CSF.....I fancy George Macmillan Jnr (100) and Chris Burgoyne (647) to get through from the consi and both make top 6 in the WF. As for the win itself I'm torn....Moodie (7) should romp it based on his form there but I think Bradderz(886) is gonna go for a huge shot early to keep him from getting away, and I think Goldin might get caught up in an early shot from Brennan (968) on Dowson (494) (they have form this season there)
I think Bradderz might have it to be honest, especially in his new chassis, nice and strong and seems fast smile so I'll go 886 then 921 from 494 with 647, 100 and 218 (dark horse) for the top 6"

The Motorworld guru and ca constructor John Harding, mused for a moment. Only to proclaim
"Hmmm, Goldin has the skills to do it" 
He then retired, minus spinny chair, for a museful thought, which many a customer has feared.

Former F2 racer and dad of Dale and friend of Crispen, Mark Moon, claims to have not missed many world finals for quite some time, his first world final was some 40 years ago, when he saw Jimmy Murray win at his beloved St Austell.
"Barry's (Goldin) the man. He'll ride the first corner and drive away from the mayhem behind"

Autospeed's in house northerner, Alan "Ali P" Parkinson, gives his prediction
"I think that when others are losing it all around him, and chaos and mayhem is rife out at the flag will be Goldin.. a present for his soon to be wife!!.. so yeah.. 401 been there and rode it before me thinks"
Here's hoping you don't get a face full of fucks come Monday, Parky!

Scotland's Mr St Car, of Scottish Stock Cars.net Kevin McQueen gives his opinion...
"Goldin. Not seen a lot of him recently, but knows his way around Barford. He'll get the jump at the start and walk it. Moodie will have a DNF. Speak will finish with 3 wheels and a twisted car if he isn't in top 3"

Barry Weatherhead, photographer extraordinaire, gives his thoughts, however he might have too much of a vested interest...
"I'm going for "Tricky" Micky Brennan (968) because he's got BWP down the side! lol "

Washed up former F2 driver and tractor bothering ageing lothario, Timmy Farrell, gives us some interesting thoughts on whose taking home the gold, and who's taking home the "I can't believe its not butter"

Those 2 do Tim?
"Well with it being tradition and Unc and Mickey winning on their birthday I reckon it's gonna be me lol and that's stood in from the infield at Clay Pigeon Kart club cos that's where I'm gonna be on me birthday. Really 9th september at Barford could have been my luckiest omen ha ha. On second thoughts it is Barford and I wouldn't give that tosser Cyril the satisfaction! So skeggy bound for the better looking world final in the ones is where I'll be the following week. Semis threw up an interesting grid this year and looking at it the weather will play its part. If its wet then I reckon "Our Barry will be bringing home his 2nd gold. If its dry then I think "Tricky Mickey" will be picking up his 2nd gold its his race to lose. The pole sitter can be proud of his achievement and hope he enjoys the day, but even as a race winner of Barford no disrespect he isn't pedigree enough just yet to land the big one. That said I can remember Cowdie 97 and I was written off as a DNF so I hope he proves me wrong and lands a decent result that he can build on in years to come. Speaky will have his F1 boots on and be on a mission but can't see him making the distance if he still got destruction on his mind, that said wasnt he the same in the 90`s and was the favourite even starting from the bar lol. You can hype up the race but I don't think will be as good as the last one there as from a family point of view that will live forever in the westcountry's minds . 22 year gap think it was for last westcountry winner unfortunatley looks like we will be waiting that long again when hopefully Tommy Farrell will go one better than his ol man ever did! wink The west best just isn't good enough anymore if 7th row is our best hope. I've only given you a winner so far so for a Mystic Meg no I`ll make it a septic peg prediction I`ll go for ......1st Sophie Fasey (fiesty maid that one must be something about ministox with Lipson Vale Garage down the side and the female opposition ha ha). 2nd Colin Higman in his 76 world beater but only if Motorworld sets it up smile. 3rd Me in a threesome with 2 leggy blondes cos I'd certainly like to think I could come third out the 3 of us ha ha. Best gold this week well that belongs to Alex Zanardi, respect to such an inspirational man who has come so far in the last 11 years since his near fatal crash. Looking forward to next years world at Taunton and seeing the Semtex Kid at his best. Enjoy the worlds!"

In the words of Chris Kamara, "Unbelievable Jeff"

Thanks to all the have been bothered! Cheers fellas, as for me, I've got a fence to sit on, not as much as a pussy as those to come tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment