Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Monday 3 September 2012

WF2012 - Contender Interview - Liam Rowe (605) (6 days to go)


So another day, and the final is nearing. Probably setting off north today on the near 8 hour journey from his base in Redruth, row 7 starter Liam Rowe (605), carries the hopes of the Westcountry at Barford. As sponsor to the legend of the love tap(it's my beer he's drinking this weekend) I caught up with him just before the long slog up the country...

JHo - So your first world final!.... nervous??
LR - Umm, yeah, a little. If I was to say I wasn't I would be lying. No doubt on Sunday I'll be shaking lol.
JHo - Whats the game plan likely to be?
LR - I don't really think there is a game plan I ain't really thought of one. I think I'll just point forward try and get going and work the plan from there.
JHo - How would you feel if you ended up winning it?
LR - Haha. That's a long way off to be fair. Strange things have happened in world finals but I'm not sure lol
JHo - Your Barford experience was limited to the 20 laps of the Semi, do you think this would be a disadvantage?
LR - Yeah the last time I was at Barford was ummm 2010. Didn't really have much practice or knowledge then so will just hope we can sort it on Sunday morning. I had never been to Buxton either and that went good so I'm sort of hoping for the same.
JHo - What would you do if you were world champion?
LR - If I was lucky enough to win I would have to try and work something out so I could race as much as possible, but being so far down, and with work to pay for it I would struggle but I would still try my best to be the best I could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment