Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Big Interview - 120 Luke Loveland

After a break of a few months it's time to hit the interview trail again. We head into the midlands and to a driver who often travels out of his comfort zone and is starting to reap rewards, 
Luke Loveland (120)

NAME: Luke Loveland
HOMETOWN: Tamworth



AGE: 19
F2 DEBUT (Year/Track): 2010, Birmingham
NUMBER: 120
PREVIOUS FORMULAE RACED: ORCi Ministox and the Incarace formula Incarods
CURRENT F2: A Home built car completely designed and built by me and dad (mainly dad)
HIGHEST GRADE ACHIEVED: Yellow
Getting that vital push....
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE: There hasn't really been any as such yet, I suppose getting one of only two last chance places in the shootout championship was good.
SPONSORS: Millers Oils, Sealco, Swan Street Salvage, A-Kleen, Racequip, Matts Groundworks and Nu homes
NICKNAME(S):Spud
FAVOURITE TRACK:erm, probably Northampton
TRACKS RACED
Birmingham, Northampton,Hednesford,Buxton,Bristol,Taunton,Skegness,Arena Essex. Out of F2 Mildenhall,Grimley

JH - How did you get involved in racing?
LL -Well through my dad really, he started racing superrods in the early 90's and then moved into Eurocars on the circuits which turned out to be pretty huge, so it just went on from there.
Mini squeeze...


JH - What made you want to race?
LL - To be honest i never wanted to when i was younger, was more interested in Rugby and cricket, But I went to the Autosport show just after my 15th Birthday and we thought lets have a go in Ministox.

JH - Talk us through your first meeting
LL - My first meeting in F2s wasn't too bad actually, I started from the back and somehow managed to fluke my way into the final through the consolation, which was the only point I scored in 11 meetings that year

JH - Whats been the best bits so far?
LL -The last meeting of 2011 was my best meeting to date, I managed to beat Glenn Salmon (566) to 2nd to qualify for the shootout and then just started at the back and found myself moving forward in it as everyone crashed out.


JH - Whats been the low points?
LL -The shootout race! Doing well and getting put in big time and bending my chassis, There was also a patch through the middle of last year where nothing went right, that was a bit crap!


JH - What is your ambition to achieve in the sport?
At NIR, running it close!
LL -I don't know really, I suppose everyones really is to win championships, we take it very serious so thats the aim, my main ambition for this year is to try and make red, or if not blue, which is looking a strong possibilty at the moment anyway.

JH - You are seen as part of a golden generation of ministox graduates. Are you jealous of Aldridge, Griffin et al?
LL - I suppose I have to be a little bit! Haha but I get on with them all so I'm pleased for them really, a little more jealous of Ollie (Skeels) as we raced well together in ministox, but he's a good lad! Hopefully I'll be put in the same bracket as them by the end of the year anyway! I wish!!

JH - Tell us your best racing based story...
LL - Oh god! theres loads, Ido some really stupid things at times! At the start of 2011 I was rushing to get my new car done so I decided to use my old DK for a Hednesford meeting. Me and my uncle worked all day Saturday on it because my dad wanted nothing to do with it, we kept saying "no it'll be fine, at least were back on track". We got there rolled it off the truck and on the way to scrutineering both halfshafts came out and m rear wheels started overtaking me haha

JH- Do you have any thank yous?

LL - Anyone thats helped us out really! family and friends, To name a few Mom and dad, Tony, Ant and kieron have all helped alot

 Luke Loveland (120) was talking to Jonny Hoare

No comments:

Post a Comment