Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Sunday 20 February 2011

The Big Interview #2 - 641 Dennis Middler

Our second BIG INTERVIEW sees our Scotland Correspondent make his debut, RYAN WALKER talks to one of the characters in the Scottish stock car scene #641 DENNIS "The Menace" MIDDLER


NAME:  Dennis Middler

HOMETOWN: Carnoustie, Angus

AGE: 25

F2 DEBUT: 2003

NUMBER: 641

PREVIOUS FORMULAE RACED:  Ministox

CURRENT F2: Randall Motorsport

HIGHEST GRADE ACHEIVED: Superstar

ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE: Nothing exciting really few heat and final wins, Won the James Clark Cochraine Memorial, 2nd in Crimond points 2009, 3rd in Scottish 2009, been 3rd twice in Champion of Champions.  Held Superstar for 4 months

NICKNAME(S): The Menace

FAVOURITE TRACK: Bristol

TRACKS RACED : Arena Essex, Barford, Birmingham, Bristol, Buxton, Cowdenbeth, Crimond, Great Yarmouth ,Hednesford, Knockhill,  Kings Lynn, Mildenhall, Northampton, Ringwood, Swaffam, Skegness, Swindon, Taunton,Warton and Workington (20)

The Menace taking the plaudits at his favourite track! (Sponge Pics)


RW: Hi Dennis thanks for taking the time to do the interview for the Stoxblog. So how did it all begin?

Dennis: No problem mate! Well when I was little, one Saturday night my dad took me down to Cowdenbeath to watch the racing. I loved it the next week I asked can we go back , and we went every week and as I got older I wanted a mini - eventually my dad gave in lol!

RW: What made you want to go over to the fast side of the fence?

Dennis: I dunno really just got the bug I suppose lol

RW: So how was your first meeting and where did you make your debut and any memories of how it went?

Dennis: Well it was a week before my tenth birthday so I really shouldn't have been out but don't tell anyone ha!  I was absolutely crapping myself, I think I got spun out in the first race and couldn't get going then I think I finished the other 2 so not to bad for a 9 year old lol
In the pits at the Racewall (Sponge pics!)

RW: You’ve done quite well at Cowdenbeath in the past – I remember the meeting from 5th June last year in the final it was wet and you pulled away from Chris Burgoyne (647) and Gordon Moodie (7) to win the final. What was going through your mind when they got up to 2nd and 3rd or was it just a case of keep the car in a straight line and finish?

Dennis: The Randalls have always been good in the wet and I dunno why but things go allright for me in the wet for a change the car was mint that night I seen Eddie and Gordon slip thru and realised that I was pulling away and you just know its your night - it's a brilliant feeling to have!

RW: Obviously you have had some big accidents while you have been racing. Are there any that stick out for you? I seem to remember you and Chris Burgoyne 647 having a big one at Cowdenbeath when both of yous went flying into the wall with you hitting the wall and rolling on your side while Chris hit the wall side on and cracked his ribs from what I remember. What was going through your mind at the time?


Dennis: Aye that was the worst my fire to be honest. I probably didnt' realise at the time how bad the fire was and how lucky I was until after. I was surprisingly quite calm because I knew in my head that the GMP staff would get me out and would get it under control.



RW: What have been the best bits so far?


Dennis: First time I went to superstar was an amazing feeling. Also when I made my first world final and the Scotland/England team events.

RW: So who helps you with the car at the meetings?

Dennis: Through the week I do my car myself if iIneed a hand Barry Neil (427) always there if I need them but at the racing my pal "The Bear" helps me he stays in Cowdenbeath.

RW: So you have done well in the time you have been racing, any titles you want to win 2011?

Dennis: I'd love to win any title but one that I've always wanted to win was the Scotish

RW: Do you have any thank yous?

Dennis :Yes a big thankyou to my Dad - without him I wouldn't be racing. Also to Barry for his help and Grant Rennie (Rentek Motorsport) he does my dampers and all my loyal sponsors. Nigel at Randall Motorsport always good with us. David Murray Transport Carnoustie, Allstars Carnoustie, Barr Cabs Ltd, Gray and Adams Ltd and anyone who helps or supports me.

641 Dennis Middler was speaking to The Stoxblog's Ryan Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment