Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Friday 29 August 2014

F2WF14 15 Days to go..... The Coleman Cometh

Now starting your first world final is an achievement in itself. But starting your first world final on pole, that's something else. So hello Joshua Coleman (615) let's have a chat!


NUMBER 615 
PREVIOUS FORMULAE National Ministox
CURRENT F2 Mark Webster (MW Fabrications) home built shale car 
SPONSORS Lucas Oils LFB Motorsport 
NICKNAMES Josh 
FAVOURITE TRACK Mildenhall close 2nd Belle vue 
TRACKS RACED AT Barford, Belle Vue, Birmingham, Buxton, Coventry, Hednesford, King's Lynn, Mildenhall, Northampton, Onchan, Sheffield, Skegness, Stoke, (some of those from my mini days)

JHo - Nervous?

Two world finalists in their early days
Josh - Not yet most defiantly when it comes to Friday night before the WF I'll get the stomach churning going on. But for now it’s just a mad rush to get the tarmac car I’ve borrowed from Billy Webster ready to race and to squeeze in some practice. Plus it still hasn’t sunk in properly so still on Cloud 9.


On the tarmac

Jho - You are starting on pole, does that throw a few more nerves into the mix?
Josh - Definitely on the day the nerves will be kicking in....but for now I am OK because people keep congratulating me and also got a tarmac car to prep. but I just hope Speaky turns up because then its like I am racing with the best and its the full field that qualified.
Jho- Even though you could be feeling the might of his bumper first corner??


Josh - Yes for sure who ever it is on 2nd row whether its Speaky or a white top, someone will always have a go. He owes me two now anyway, did a last bender on him at Belle Vue for the heat win yesterday aha. But I like racing with him I've grown up watching him and spent so long on Youtube watching his videos so to be now on his pace and be able to hit him wide is a dream come to true in itself.

JHo - What's your game plan? How do you see it panning out for you? 
Josh - Go for the win.... I don’t race for points or roof grades don’t really chase championships just because I don’t do enough meetings so when I do race it’s just purely to win nothing else. As far as it goes I think I’ll either get round the first corner or wont after that who knows its stock cars, just hope it’s a good race that will entertain the crowd.

JHo - If you became world champion - whats the first thing you would do? 
Josh- Wow ermm, tough question I day dream about stuff like this always wanted to stand on the roof and hold the chequered but realistic probably cry my eyes out haha.....!

JHo - Away from the world, what else would you like to achieve in the sport? 
Josh- Defiantly win the World of Shale, as a shale only racer thats likethe biggest championship we can win, and just to be winning on a regular basis and be in the mix of it.

Jho - Any thanks?



Josh - Not only to be in world but to get Front inside pole is so surreal. The amount of congratulations is unreal, just people you don’t know come up to you and want to talk and am just a normal shale racer than wins every so often so to get people noticing you is damn good feeling...plus the amount of Facebook notifications is over whelming so thanks to every one for their kind words

Can I just add a massive thank you to Mark Webster for spending endless hours on my car with me and guiding me through and keep me learning each week.

Billy Webster for the loan of the car and making me plenty of spares this year and also for his patience of putting up with me nagging at him for his help, also got Josh, My grandad, Norman, Julie and just to all the team sorry if I missed any one. O sh** and my Mum and Dad for sticking with me and keeping me going when you get the bad times without my dad none of this would of been possible. Apart from that thanks to everyone for their words and support still living the dream and will be trying my hardest to win!!!!

LFB Motorsport for the sponsorship this year massive thanks to them.

2 comments:

  1. quick question.
    How many first time world qualifiers have started from pole position?
    Who was the last person to manage this and which year ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Emery 1990. John Dowson 2012.....i think

    ReplyDelete