Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Thursday 15 May 2014

Mini Mossy's Monster Tour Log...

So if you've been a stock car meeting this year you might well have seen Paul Moss (979) and the team TART tour bus. The Cornish Youngster is embarking an attempt to race at all tracks... Here's a diary of his mad escapades!

Paul Moss F2 979 Mini Mossys Monster Tour - Story so far !!!!!!!!

10 days - 7 meetings - 61 points
Northampton, Skegness, Cowdenbeath, Bristol, Taunton, Cowdenbeath & Crimond
A total of 2753 miles from my home in Fowey Cornwall

Day 1 Part 1 Northampton -
Heat 2: I was going really well and running 5th but spun on some oil on the track with 5 laps to go – didn’t finish
Consolation: From the front row of the whites a pretty non eventful race with a flag to flag victory and my 2nd F2 win in less than a week
Final: I got mugged by the pack before going too far so finished out of the places
GN As we were going to Skegness we loaded up after the final

That was Northampton done now a mad dash to Skegness where going through Boston got passed by John Aldridge in his lorry on the roundabouts but still beat him to Skegness due to his lorry having a puncture on lorry!

Day 1 Part 2 Skegness
Heat 2 I managed a 11th place after being spun by my so called team mate Nathan Maidment (935) ; )
Final I raced hard and managed a respectable 8th place
GN Didn’t bring much but no damage so I loaded up with all 4 wheels facing the right way

With 17 points for the day I won the Good Friday white top award of a new tyre and was well chuffed with my results

Day 2 Cowdenbeath

After driving the car onto the trailer at Skegness track and travelling up to Scotland we put the car on the ramps at McTarts Garage (Thank you Keith )and found a few bits wrong that added up to 5 hours work !!!!!

Heat 1 1st time at the Racewall in the dry so slow but steady and managed a 12th place

Heat 2 A bit faster and I led the race till lap 6 when F2 7 & the train passed me and ended up with a 9th place

Final Seemed faster again but with more laps got swamped by the train again but managed a 10th place

GN Got more confident and went across line 6th but with F2 7 getting docked 4 places for jumping the start I got promoted to 5th place

So that was day 2 and 9 more points which gave me a total of 26 points for the weekend so far

Day 3 Bristol QR

An overnight haul after refreshments at McTart HQ ( Thank you Sharon ) we arrived at Butcher HQ at 4am and with a few hours kip and breakfast (Thank you Sandra) we went down to Mendips track.

A greasy practice showed promise as I thought it was quite quick

Heat 1 Pole white with a good start but as I came out the 1st corner the cab filled with smoke so I pulled it up and drifted onto the infield

A quick engine change (Thank you Dad, Dan, Keith & Darren) I just missed out on the consolation but managed to get out for the

GN which was very wet but at a nice even pace got me 12th place.

So a pretty disappointing day overall but Day 3 completed with still 26 points

Day 4 Taunton

Heat 1 I led all the way up to 5 laps to go when more engine troubles started and had to pull it up again

Consolation I got mugged by the pack quite quickly and only managed 11th place

GN I got mugged again and finished but way out of the places

So again a pretty disappointing day and no points to add to my total of 26

Days 5,6,7,8 Home in the Garage with Dad & Dan

On repairs, checks and attending my place of employment

Day 9 Cowdenbeath

Back up to the North with a 5am start for 9+ hours to McTart HQ for refreshments (Thank you again Sharon) before travelling across to the track

Practice looked very promising but over the evening I only made 15 laps over the 4 races with more engine issues L

So more than disappointed now with stress levels growing !! Still with a total of 26 points

Day 10 Crimond QR

With a borrowed engine and a massive thankyou to team F2 641 and transport of said engine and an early start from F2 102 ! I was raring to go !

A dry practice seemed quick but before the heat the rain came down.

Heat 1 On a wet track I led up to 4 laps to go when F2 7 passed but managed to keep a 2nd place

Heat 2 Still on a wet track but a bit drier I led again until 5 laps to go when once again F2 7 passed me and then F2 854 so I took a 3rd place

Final I was drawn outside front row and with a good start I led into 1st corner and a lot of the race until F2 7 & F2 647 passed but I managed to keep hold of 3rd place

GN With rain starting to fall I was back on the front of the white grade I drove away following F2 7 ! for a flag to flag win with a whole straight ahead of F2 854

So a fantastic day and a massive collection of 35 points for the day, which is nearly double of my pervious highest score

Which was a brilliant way to end 10 days of racing, 61 points, a few pound notes & a lot of fun

Thank you to everyone involved especially Mum, Dad, Dan & Keith

Minimossys Monster tour continues................................

No comments:

Post a Comment