Stoxticker

Latest Episode: Priddle, Weston, Weston, Fordham, England and others....listen again on iTunes or Spreaker.... POINTS UPDATED..... And next episode is March 14th.... also keep em peeled as we might have Coventry news this Sunday... Click here for info on how we can help your business...

Monday 29 April 2013

The BIG Interview ---- Ayrton Mills (222)

So a new season, and the same old interviews.... Our first for 2013 is undoubtedly one of the stars of the early season, taking plenty of chequereds and points which has propelled the white top to the dizzying heights of superstar. He is named after a F1 legend, which I think might be Alain Prost..... anyways here's Mr Mills (222)

On the way to a final win at Arena 2012
NAME: Ayrton James Mills
HOMETOWN: Southampton
AGE: 20
F2 DEBUT (Year/Track): Taunton Late 2011
NUMBER: 222
PREVIOUS FORMULAE RACED: None
CURRENT F2: Polleysport DP 21
HIGHEST GRADE ACHIEVED: Superstar :)
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE: Rising to superstar this year
JOB: General Trader
SPONSORS: Tip Top Bodyworks Ltd, A and S Commercials
FAVOURITE TRACK: Skeg Vegas can't beat it! Apart from the 3 and a half hour drive!
TRACKS RACED: NIR Brum Hednesford Skeg Taunton Bristol Buxton Arena Essex

JH: How did you get involved in racing?
He had to get a move on - it's 3 and half hours home!

AM: Dad used to race National Hot Rods amongst other things, sister raced Minis and my brother raced Superstox and a couple other bits.  We got out of racing for about 8 years but Murray Jones (ex276) introduced us to F2s towards the end of 2011 so we decided to get one.

JH: What made you want to race?

AM: I've always wanted to race but never got the chance then when Murray got us into F2s, Dad really liked the formula and it spiraled from there really.

JH: Talk us through your first meeting...

AM: Oh dear oh dear I try to forget! We had been to Arena practicing once before and thought that I was ready for a race!! I was full of confidence and it was my fiancé 21st birthday, so we weere all in a good mood, that is until I drove myself into the wall coming out the corner and it was game over as we realised I wasn't ready lol!!

On route to the QR win at Hedno


JH: A little birdy told me you are very lucky to be here right now, you almost didn't make your 14th Birthday.... tell us what happened......
Down the hill at Mendips

AM: When I was 13 I kept blacking out, first off I didn't say anything to anyone then it got more frequent so I told my parents. Mum being Mum read up on the internet and worried herself, so we made an appointment to go and get checked (good job really!!). I was hooked up to a ECG machine which monitors your heart beat, while I was on the machine it happened, the doctors face dropped and everything turned serious, I was having a heart attack!!! They left me hooked up to this machine and told my Mum to go home and get some stuff as I was going to be kept it for a while! I had SVT (
Supraventricular Tachycardia), My heart was beating too fast and then stopping repeatedly. I had a major heart operation and lived to tell the tale. Many don't so if in doubt get checked out!!!!!!!

JH: Whats been the best bits and low points of your career so far?

AM: The best bits so far have been the beginning of this season, things have just clicked and the car is superb! The low points? Apart from the Taunton lol? Every meeting last year before we got the DP car and when I rolled at NIR and got collected in the roof! But that was more of a unlucky / very lucky point.

JH: What is your ambition to achieve in the sport? 
AM: Obviously I want to win a title, so does every one, but to hold superstar would be good!

JH: In the opening grading period you won more heats than National Points Champion, Gordon Moodie (7).... How does this make you feel?

AM: When I saw this the other day it put a massive smile on my face, it's a great achievement in its self to win anything more than Moodie, I know I had an advantage though! 

JH: How will you approach superstar? 

AM: I will tell you after the first race at Skegness! Haven't a clue try my best that's all I can do!

JH: Do you have any thank yous?

AM: Of course a massive thank you to Mum and Dad...Another to DP (Dave Polley (38)) and Polleysport for the help! Tip Top Ltd for the paint!
And a big thanks to Cardiac Risk in the Young  (CRY) www.c-r-y.org.uk for saving my life!


Cheers Ayrton!

No comments:

Post a Comment